Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Doors Of Hope




I am trapped in this dungeon
Misery and gloom everywhere
I cant see a thing, there's so much darkness
Have I gone blind?

Slimy moss all over, slimy creatures slithering on it
I don't belong here, I say to myself
I crawl towards the doors of hope
I can see a faint light outside

I see a white shadow looking at me with a scornful smile
Or is it just my fancy
Why am I so scared of him?
I wish this was a dream but I fear it isnt.

Tired and hungry, I don't want to play this game anymore
I want to go again to the quiet confines of my home
But where is my home, I seem to have forgotten
Was I always here, trapped?

Its freezing, the cold water dripping on my skin
The smell is biting, as if someone's dead
Or is it the stench of imminent death?
I ask myself, am I already dead, Is this hell?

Is someone looking for me outside
Or have I gone unnoticed
Everything's so slow, Is time really passing
I cant remember for how long I have been here

I crawl, slither, wriggle towards the doors of hope
Hoping to find light and bliss at the end
This hope keeps me alive
Keeps me from dying in this miserable cell called Life.

4 comments:

wildflower said...

life...at times feels like that!
no...actually, living inside the cocoons we have built around ourselves, life always feels like that. To distance ourseleves from the sulking in the monotony of a life we don't think we deserved, we write..our hearts out...and some of us do it exceptionally well...! BINGO!

IncorrigibleV said...

spine chilling...is all i will say

skeptic saint said...

@ wildflower

yeah you have said that pretty correctly...but my prob is that i lose interest quite quickly...so hoping that i continue writing for a long time...before losing interest

@ vandita

well... i ll take that as a compliment then???

busy-writer said...

hmm, hope is the one thing that everyone should always, all the time..hold on to!